[TenTec] (no subject)

John Henry jhenry at tentec.com
Sun Jul 27 18:00:09 EDT 2014

Regarding:
----------------------

1.    Bandwidth: (front panel control knob) no longer functions after the
software has taken over control of the radio.  The  only way to change the
bandwidth of the Eagle is to exit the software, which returns control to the
Eagle's front panel.  All other front panel controls seem to function
normally.

2.    Mode:  When using OmniRig and the Orion2 drivers within a software
application such as WIN-TEST, and working with the Band Map, each time you
double  click on a station in the band map window, the Eagle jumps to the
correct frequency, but the radio is placed into Lower Sideband.  Normally
it should remain in the same mode you are working in.  So when working CW,
it jumps to LSB and you must switch it back to CW manually, using the front
panel Mode button.  When working USB, it switches to LSB manually and you
must return to USB using the front panel Mode button.

----------------------

Rick,
The bandwidth control on the rig is a pot, it has a specific end and start
point. Meaning fully cw means full bw per whatever filter is installed, and
fully ccw means bw = minimum bandwidth of the rig.
When running a CAT program, the rig is under full CAT control. If the CAT
program issues a change bandwidth command, we relinquesh the front panel
control, and ignore it from then on, knowing that if someone is using a CAT
program to set the bandwidth, then they will use the control program from
then on to control the bandwidth. Not the POT.

So, not much I can do about the first one.

For the mode, well, when you change bands via cat, the mode will remain the
same as it was. This means to me that somewhere the CAT program is sending
a mode change as well. I am not running the Band Map as you are.
But with the Win-Test version 4.11.0-DXP, on the Eagle, and I do a band
up/down, the eagle is staying on the mode it was on.

Now, onto the Orion, well, I do see the mode changing, but it is going to
the last mode I was on in that band, I think. I will do some more testing
this week to confirm and maybe get a new Orion.ini file out.

Once I do have these ini files, I will need someone to test and confirm
them....
Well, then who do I give them to for official inclusion in the rig file
inis? at dxatlas?

Well, onward/upward, things can only get better.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL
TEN-TEC Engineering, a Division of RFConcepts LLC