[TenTec] RADIO COMPARISONS

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Mon Jul 28 23:48:04 EDT 2014

There is no reason a new operator should start with a simple, less
capable rig.  Why hobble him early on.  The default settings on any rig
will serve well, while he learns to use its more esoteric features.  He
should buy whatever radio suits his taste, budget, and expectations.

The Omni VII was my first ham transceiver and I am glad I did not buy
the first piece of road kill found at a local hamfest, as many other
hams recommend.   I knew it was a good choice when the contest group
asked me to bring my Omni VII to the big show, whilst they left their
Brand X rigs home.

Always reach for the brass ring.