[TenTec] Noise from Fans

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Thu Mar 6 18:02:36 EST 2014

Here is my solution - using very quiet computer fans.  See the link at
the bottom of the page:    "Cooling Fan Project"

http://k8jhr.com/project_links.html

I sometimes use a small resistor to slow them down, but they run on 12v
and usually spec out around 15-19 dB noise factor.

I just could not spend over $40 on the TT fan, when I could make one for
less than $10 - including buying a brand new fan.  Mine are CoolerMaster
fans that cost me $7 I think.

Maybe my plan will spur some other ideas.