[TenTec] Eagle with LP-PAN

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 15 08:23:17 EDT 2014

There are several ways to add a panadapter to the Eagle.

The least expensive is to get a softrock ensemble II.  See the link below.

http://fivedash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=8

This is a $92 receiver and can be combined with HDSDR and my N4PY Orion
program to give an excellent panadapter function.  HDSDR is free and
will provide the panadapter display.  My N4PY Orion program will keep
everything in sync.  There's an output on the Eagle that allows the
softrock to share antennas with the Eagle.

Another solution is to get an LPPan. This is used with a free program
called NaP3 and the N4PY Orion program. This is a more expensive
solution and it requires the 9 mhz output from the Eagle.  It also
requires my N4PY Orion program to keep NaP3 and the Eagle on the same
frequency.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549