[TenTec] Corsair II noise blanker

A R raf_3 at msn.com
Sat Mar 29 19:37:16 EDT 2014

With my particular noise source (powerline), the TRITON NB removes the noise without having to fuss with anything, and at least I cannot detect any compromise of audio quality. The ANC-4 that I use for my other (later generation) TT's attempts to remove the noise before the radio sees it. But, given the very variable characteristics of my noise, requires fussing with (adjusting) the phase and gain of the noise reference in the ANC-4. But with a lot of patience in the adjustment, including an effective technique for matching amplitude of the reference antenna noise with the main antenna noise, it does a very good job. I can reduce 9+20db noise to an S3, without affecting signal processing or audio within the radio. But, it does take a LOT of fussing with adjustments. The TRITON IV NB is a much nicer, no-fuss solution to MY noise.

Allen---W7GIF