[TenTec] (ham station computer choice)

Kimberly Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 7 12:28:32 EDT 2014

I always simply build my own and install the OS myself. That way, I have complete and total control over every aspect. It's remarkably easy, relatively inexpensive, has no proprietary hardware, and I know what's in it. Simply pick a CPU flavor you like, buy a motherboard that supports the CPU, buy a case and power supply, get a graphics card that does what you want, plug in memory, get a hard disk that's far bigger than you think you'll ever need (no less than 1 TB) and have at it. Much, much easier than "building" anything radio!

Kim N5OP