[TenTec] Eagle problem?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri May 9 01:53:55 EDT 2014

On 5/8/2014 3:24 PM, Spencer wrote:
> Ferrite chokes on the coax and power leads eliminated the problem.
> I had to cycle the power switch. I believe there is a
> firmware/software glitch.

No -- it is almost certainly a Pin One Problem. I don't know how they
are building them now, but my Omni V had Pin One Problems at all the
connectors on the back panel. Didn't check the mic connector. Pin One
Problems are the #1 cause of hum, buzz, and RFI, including "RF in the
shack.  If ferrite chokes fix it, it IS a Pin One Problem.

See k9yc.com/publish.htm for lots of tutorial stuff about it.

73, Jim K9YC