[TenTec] Jupiter Questions

Lee ny6p01 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 09:56:15 EDT 2014

I recently traded in my Kenwood TS 480 for a Jupiter. while I can't comment
on the specifics which you asked about, I will say that the received audio
on the Jupiter appears to me to be far superior to that of the Kenwood.

By that I mean the audio is cleaner, has less artifacts, has a quieter
background, a much better noise reduction system, a crisper CW side tone, &
better filtering.

I don't have very many strong signals at my QTH, so I can't comment too
much on the close in image rejection, but it performs admirably in a
contest environment.

Also, contrary to some reviews, I have noticed no ill effects from RF
despite using an indoor antenna a few metres from the rig.