[TenTec] Centurion issue.

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri May 23 20:35:09 EDT 2014

The high voltage insulation was Glyptol, and was in a little bottle from
General Cement Co.  now GC products I think.

You could also check at the home centers for the stuff they sell to dip
plier handles in for a better grip and electrical insulation.  I don't
know if you have enough space to use its thicker coating, but just a
thought.

Check old handbooks or on web for breakdown voltage of white shellac.
You can build up layers of that stuff to increase its voltage withstanding.

Did the re-arcing happen in the old trace or just at a plate edge?  If
at plate edge, try radiusing the edge instead of a sharp corner.  Might
have to polish out file tool marks with ruby polishing paper.

-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH