[TenTec] New Radios in the Future

TT fan jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sun Nov 2 19:09:54 EST 2014

Hi Bob --

That fits my modes operandi.   Perhaps the "genius" of the Omni VII is
its flexible interface.   You can use it stand alone,  or completely
computer controlled, or as a hybrid with both types of control.

I prefer the latter option,  enabling the front panel under Radio Mode,
PLUS N4PY's computer control program which shares rig data with logging
programs, auto tuners, and other stuff.  That gives me a best of both
worlds unified approach linking the rig to other devices.

I never got excited about the OnePlug interface... I kept reaching for
the front panel tuning knob and, of course, it does not work under OnePlug.

Just MY take.