[TenTec] New Radios in the Future

HamOperator jrichards at k8jhr.com
Mon Nov 3 15:01:25 EST 2014

Quite right... just saying you could play with the Tmate without buying
a Flex rig.

Considering the Eagle receiver performance, and its reasonably clean
transmitter, how is the 6300 so much better?  Would it really make you
more contacts?   Would a slight increase in receiver performance really
do that, or do you just have the urge to get another rig? I went to
Dayton intending to buy the new Flex 6300.   After talking to the owner
(who seems like a really nice guy)  I decided it would not make me any
more contacts than my current radios.   It is rather expensive,
considering you need a fast computer and there is not much in the box.

Seriously... what would the 6300 do that you cannot do now?