[TenTec] Omni V deaf and won't transmit on 20m

Bob Towers mm0rkt at gmx.com
Thu Nov 20 13:25:52 EST 2014

Pete,

Many thanks for your comments. I'll have a look at the relay board. I've
got the manual, so I should be able to find the board pretty quickly.

The buffer amp is G4HUP's PAT (Panoramic Adapter Tap) which featured in
last month's RSGB Radcom. It's all SMD - which I haven't done before -
and I'm plucking up courage to make it!

The SDR - which I already have - is Cross Country Wireless's
Experimenters Special SDR Receiver which has a range of crystals, one of
which gives a RX frequency of 9MHz, spot on for my Omni V. The last time
I had the base off my Omni V, I laid a wire from the SDR near the IF
circuits and ran the output of the SDR into SDR#. It seemed to work
pretty well, but to do it properly I'll need to get the buffer amp
installed.

Regards

Bob MM0RKT