[TenTec] Another retro question - Argosy-Century

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 6 13:37:58 EDT 2014

The century 21 was a very different animal.  It used a direct conversion
receiver.  This means you can hear a station on both sides of zero beat.
  But the radio is really a winner for a CW operator.  It is very
simple, produces about 40 watts, and has flawless QSK.  I liked mine
very much.

The Argosy is a much more standard radio.  It has a regular
superhetrodyne receiver.  It has 6 bands.  They are 80, 40, 30, 20 15,
and 10.  And it runs SSB and CW both.  It does not have an RF gain
control.  I also enjoyed this radio very much.  I used it as a vacation
radio.  I eventually replaced it with a model 580 delta, which also
worked very well.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549