[TenTec] Argo VI

jliving39 at comcast.net jliving39 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 06:01:18 EDT 2014

Guys,
     Can someone tell me how little output one can squeeze out of the Argo VI.  I ran my Argo V this weekend in the QRP contest at its low end of 1.5 watts and worked all over US on 20 meters with a dipole.  Would like to run lower power than 1.5 Watts and wonder if anyone has experimented with the Argo VI as far as the low end goes. I know it is advertised at 1-10 Watts. The Argo V is a great little rig and would have been really great with an RF gain control.  However, you can hit the attenuator and back off the gain some which helps.  I do know the Argo VI has an RF gain control which makes it very attractive.  Also, can someone who has used both radios compare them.  Thanks, Jim, K4CFA  PS: Have used the Argo V extensively mobile on 20 meters cw running full power of 20 watts with great results.  The RF gain control on the Argo VI is very seductive.