[TenTec] Argo VI

Mon Oct 13 14:03:55 EDT 2014

Just ran mine up and down the power range.  And as Carl stated; "I'm not
sure about the accuracy of my power meter at the station at these power
levels".  Although it does have a 20 watt F.S. range.    I need to bring the
Bird 43 with a suitable slug from the shop.  Maybe later.

Anyway, here's my findings:
1 watt = measured 0.5 watts
2 watts  = measured 1.1 watts
3 watts = measured 2.0 watts
4 watts = measured 3.0 watts
5 watts = measured 4.0 watts
6 watts = measured 6.5 watts
7 watts = measured 9.0 watts
8 watts = measured 10.2 watts
9 watts = measured 11.2 watts
10 watts = measured 12.0 watts

In any event seems about 0.5 watts is about as low as it will go.  If I
wanted to go lower I would likely consider placing a 3 dB attenuator on the
output.  Of course this will also affect receive by 3 dB but I doubt that
would make a serious difference considering the outstanding receiver
performance.

73
Bob, K4TAX