[TenTec] Ten Tec's voice mail and a simple Scout question

John King via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Fri Oct 24 12:24:26 EDT 2014

I have called Ten Tec twice  this week and have gotten their voice mail....VERY NON TEN TEC. I relize that they are moving or going out of business or both but the message on the voice mail could AT LEAST tell callers why they cannot answer or why it might be more than a week before they can answer the phone or how many weeks before they will return a call. Stan Brocks ' could at say "the new owners have me doing janitorial duties now, but when I finish mopping the floors and cleaning the bathroom, I will try to return your call and tell you to go to HELL or call Kenwood". Not a good way to launch a new operation.

Maybe one of you can answer the question. My son, N5ASM, an engineer is removing the front panel to get to the digital readout for replacement, He has all screws out of the front panel but there is something still preventing him from removing the front panel. He thinks maybe a switch, jack or other device is preventing the removal of the panel.

He is doing the work for me because I recently had wrist and hand surgery on my right hand and cannot do fine motor activity with my right hand because the feeling has not returned to my fingers. Really shuts down the repair work for me. I have five Ten Tec transceivers and thank goodness they don't often need work. Can anyone, who has removed the front panel from a Scout shed some light on the removal problem.

Now that I have vented, I think I will take two extra strength Tylenols and have a glass of  Iced Sweet Tea. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW