[TenTec] repairs

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Mon Oct 27 18:44:58 EDT 2014

On 10/27/2014 11:25 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Hey, now that looks SEXY.  I hope the price isn't too high.
>
> It is old with new.  3-Pin mic connector, but also USB jack on the front
> panel.
____________________

Just guessing, but a front panel USB jack might have a couple of
different functions.  For one, it could simply be how it connects to a
computer.   For another, it could be a pass-through jack allowing one to
daisy chain another device,  like a keyer or panadapter,  or for still
another, it might allow connection of a USB keyboard for programming the
MENU or the like.

The curious aspect of the front panel USB port shown on the Palstar web
page, is that it is a B-type connector,  which I think is usually an
"input" connector, where one connects the rig to a cable that connects
to a computer - not the usual connector used to plug in a peripheral
device.  It would help, of course, if Palstar revealed the rear panel,
also.  The specifications do not mention any USB connector at all,  so
it remains a bit of a mystery.   I asked Paul at Palstar for more
information, and will report what he says whenever he says it.

As for affordability, at Dayton I was given the impression it would cost
somewhere around $1800 -$2,000 ?  I think.