[TenTec] repairs

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Oct 28 17:27:10 EDT 2014

I think it looks outstanding.
Sure does remind me of the Drake 2B which is probably my favorite RX of all
times.

Somehow a touch screen seems out of place in a retro radio.

In reading through the limited info on the Palstar web site, I read another
thing that caused bells to go off.
  "It is single conversion."

Though there are advantages with this, there is one big disadvantage for the
SSB operators.
With single conversion, you can't have passband tuning.
This was one problem with the Elecraft K2, which led many people to write it
off as mainly just a CW rig.

Granted, if the filters are good enough, you can do without PBT on CW but as
I said earlier, I fear the filters will be just good but not great.

Does anyone have more information on this radio than what is shown on the
Palstar web site?
Has anyone seen it in real life?

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)