[TenTec] OT: Programming Cheap Chinese Handhelds

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Sep 7 11:44:29 EDT 2014

I know this is way off topic but perhaps it will help others wanting to
program their new Chinese dual-band handheld FM radio.

I own a Baofeng UV-5R and a Wouxon KG-UVD1P, neither of which has ever had
any useful channels programmed in.
I decided to finally address this.

As it turns out, it is very easy, just a bit tedious typing in all of the
channel/frequency information.

Slight correction: it is easy now, after spending 3 full days trying 3
different programming cables, 4 different programming software packages and
half a dozen or more cable drivers.  For me it is now easy.

AND I decided to create a web page showing how to do this.
It evolved into 5 pages, but as I said, totally easy, just tedious.

Shortcut:  if you can find someone else's .CSV file and start with it, you
will only have to modify a few channels and you'll be in business.
Unfortunately Region One has different repeater channels than Region Two, so
unless you live in Europe, you cannot use my file.

Here is the link:  http://www.dj0ip.de/chinese-handhelds/

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)