[TenTec] OT: Programming Cheap Chinese Handhelds

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Sep 8 01:31:45 EDT 2014

EXCELLENT information, Geoff.

I bought my Wouxon nearly 4 years ago and there was hardly any info
available at the time.
The problem now, there is too much information.

I think the key here is to buy a cable that comes with a driver.  Then it
doesn't matter if it is a clone or an original Prolific.
But as I said, mine did not come with a WIN8 driver.
I have WIN7 on the computer I programmed with.

And yes, my driver (for WIN7) was called something like Vista_WIN7 (hi).
I wondered why they had such a funny name for it.
You just explained why.  TNX!

Perhaps I'll install this stuff on my ham radio computer (which runs XP) and
try my cheap clone (driverless) cable again.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)