[TenTec] Brand new Omni 7 broke already

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Fri Sep 19 12:58:36 EDT 2014

This could be due to a QC issue with the encoders themselves. It wouldn't be
the first time a manufacturer had to deal with a large number of warranty
claims due to receiving a run of off-spec parts. It is also possible there is
an issue during the assembly process (over-tightening the mounting nut, for
example.) I'm sure TT is investigating why this is happening and will soon be
correcting whatever is causing the problem, if they haven't already.

73, Al