[TenTec] din connector, etc.

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Thu Sep 25 01:04:53 EDT 2014

"The dit starts 17mS later and completes 17mS later. The first dit is
sent in its full length and the op on the other end never even hears the
difference."

That is good to hear. Ten-Tec seems to be the only radio company that
understands this. (Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.)

Almost every radio review I see in QST shows shortened first dits even
if they do get the following elements right. Some rigs have a delay on
the beginning of the dits and dahs, so amplifiers have time to switch,
but fail to add a delay to the end to restore the proper timing of the
elements.

DE N6KB