[TenTec] din connector, etc.

Mike Schatzberg cherokeehillfarm at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 25 09:45:06 EDT 2014

So why then do the manufacturers design the T/R switching with this delay?  Is it to avoid hot switching in the amplifier should one be used.

Not really. This delay is necessary to permit settling of the DSP circuitry when switching from receive to transmit.

Hence most modern DSP radios will have the delay. Nice to know if you are designing QSK amplifier conversions.

According to Ten Tec, the actual O2 delay is 13 ms, which limits the top speed in true QSK to 45 wpm. No wonder there were no speed limitations reported on the 565/566 reflector.

Thank you Paul Clinton.

73,

Mike
W2AJI