[TenTec] field day antennas

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Apr 14 14:44:32 EDT 2015

Paul,

The antenna you are looking at building is a complex antenna consisting of
two parts that contribute to defining how easy/difficult it is to match:
the dipole itself, and the length of the feedline.

In general, a resonant 80m dipole (i.e. 132 to 138 ft.) will have an
incredibly high feedpoint impedance on all even harmonic bands; somewhere in
the range of 2500 Ohms.

By reducing the size down to 120 ft., you will avoid these terribly high
impedances and find it a bit easier to match on all bands.  That was a
correct assumption.

Barry's suggestion for an 88' doublet is also a good one.
It requires less space than full size and the reduction of signal strength
on 80m is PEANUTS!

I will also state that your absolute rejection of an OCFD is silly and
unfounded.
Perhaps we should do an off-line chat on this, even on the telephone at my
cost.
I have the time if you like.
No problem if you're not interested.  Your loss, not mine.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)