[TenTec] Ten-Tec 9420 Hercules power supply schematic.

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Aug 15 13:22:57 EDT 2015

On Fri,8/14/2015 4:57 PM, Wade Staggs wrote:
> *Randy,*
> *               Check out your inbox for the message from
> tvman1954 at gmail.com <tvman1954 at gmail.com>   The 2 page schematic is all
> that I have. Sure wish that we could have been more helpful.... Just
> remember that this is really Four power supplies in one case. Kind of a
> strange way of doing things but, it works. If you have further questions?
> Don't be afraid to ask. If I can't answer the question correctly, we will
> make something up or lie to you about it!! hi .. hi ..*
> *                                                      73 from Wade/KJ4WS*
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Randy Randall <randy.ab9go at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just picked up a Ten-Tec 420 Hercules II amp this past weekend with an
>> Astron RM-70 power supply.  Since the overload protection is in the Ten-Tec
>> power supply I would like to see what scheme TT used.  Whoever had the amp
>> before me did not include any overload protection not even a  lowly fuse.
>>   I have not been able to locate the schematic from the usual sources and
>> was hoping someone here had a copy.

The Herc II is also four power amps combined into a single input and
single output. One way to run it is to use one big Astron for two of the
amps and a second big Astron for the other two. It is critical that the
sensing circuitry of the Astrons be connected together.  I ran my Herc
II this way for a while, with no issues.  It's currently a spare amp in
my closet.

73, Jim K9YC