[TenTec] Transmitters...

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 10 13:30:50 EST 2015

On Thu,12/10/2015 10:00 AM, bill NY9H wrote:
> Jim,
> 1 st  welcome back....

Thanks. Still in recovery, but doing fine.

> 2nd  Regarding th e charts , would the new synths make any difference
> ????

Yes, VERY worthwhile, and very easy to do. At least 10 dB improvement in
phase noise on both TX and RX. This translates to less QRM both to and
from another rig near you and in a contest or DX pileup. I've seen
several measurements of this by guys with close-in neighbors.  It's also
worth replacing the KXV3 with the KXV3B to get the new preamp. That's
more of a shoehorn job, and can involve loss of hair. :)

> 3rd     ikz retired !!!!!

I heard. We've been in contact.  He sounds better.

73, Jim K9YC