[TenTec] DIGITS ON CORSAIR 2

James Boswell jboswell at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 11 15:20:44 EST 2015

On 12/11/2015 1:00 PM, garyjm88 at gmail.com wrote:
> Intermittent tops of some of the digits go away then sometimes come back on my corsair 2
> What should I look for
> I own a soldering iron
> Gary j mankoff
> N6biz
> 73
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Gary,
	I have seen this problem many times. In years past I spent many hours
searching for a bad solder joint. Lately I found that if I spray the
connectors on the display board headers with DE-Oxit the error goes
away. The problem was just oxidation on the pins of the headers between
the two boards that make-up the display unit. The DE-Oxit can be
purchased from All-Electronics.

	Hope that helps you,  73'S

	KA5SIW