[TenTec] DIGITS ON CORSAIR 2

Gary Huber - AB9M glhuber at msn.com
Fri Dec 11 18:39:38 EST 2015

I've  had this problem a number of times. I looked for the original letter I
received from TenTec Service but cannot find the 25 plus year old document,
which outlined removing the connectors (one at a time), noting the
orientation of the connectors, from the display board to the digital
display, frequency counter enclosure, and wiping each pin with a Cramolin
DeOxit dampened Q-Tip, then putting the connector back on and exercising the
connector on the pins four or five times.  I always remove the cover of the
digital display - frequency counter enclosure to clean the connector pins
inside.  Note: failure to maintain connector orientation, or putting a
connector on an incorrect pin header may result in damage to the display
driver board. (I once had to replace components on the display driver board
as the result of such a mistake.)

See http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=561intermled for the brief discussion
of the problem.

73 & DX,