[TenTec] solved - Orion II won't flash

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:30:41 EST 2015

Actually you can get a new laptop with serial ports, typically they are the
"rugged" type.  You will pay the price though.

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-7404-laptop/fs

from the spec sheet:

"Ports:USB 3.0 (2), USB 2.0 (2), native RS-232 serial ports (2), RJ-45
gigabit Ethernet network connectors (2),stereo headphone/microphone combo
jack, pogo-pin docking connector, VGA, HDMI"

Panasonic Toughbooks typically have them as well.

way cheaper to just get a usb to serial converter.