[TenTec] Power Plugs for Hercules II HF Amplifier

Ken Simpson, W8EK kenw8ek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:32:38 EDT 2015

Power Connector for TenTec Hercules II available:

If you have a TenTec Hercules II (Model 420) HF Amplifier, you
may want an extra power connector so that you can use any external
power supply, such as the Astron RS-70.  If you want to use such
a supply, you can buy a power cable from TenTec for about $70, or
you can make your own.

It is easy to make your own cable with some #14 wire, and the
proper connector.  The problem with making your own is that you
need the large 12 pin connector that plugs into the back of the
amp.  TenTec will not sell just the connector.  I was able to buy
the appropriate connector, complete with the 12 pins that are
needed.  In order to do this, I needed to buy several, so I have
some extras available.

If you would like the connector with the 12 pins, they are $7
each, plus shipping.  First class shipping runs about $3, whether
getting one or four.

Please let me know if you would like one (or two or three or
four).

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK