[TenTec] Conclusion on Scout + Battery Question

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri May 1 10:03:58 EDT 2015

Hi Peter,

In theory yes, but that adds $100 plus a pound or two of baggage and is WAY
overkill.
The Scout will draw about 4 or 5 amps running at 25w.  That device is good
for up to 25A.

Remember, everything I use must be carried up a mountain.

The real SOTA fanatics look at every piece of gear and think about how they
can cut a couple ounces off of the weight.  I'm NEVER going to go all out
like that, but I would like to keep it as simple and light as possible.

I view the 4416B as more of a device that is useful when working a 100w
transceiver fixed mobile out of a car.

I'm fairly confident that the plan I now have will suffice.
We'll see.
The battery I've ordered should be here by Monday.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)