[TenTec] Replacing A9 Power Board Caps Tips Re:TenTec Digest, Vol 155, Issue 17

Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM wb2rhm at wb2rhm.com
Fri Nov 13 11:04:03 EST 2015

Please read: http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=565pwrdistfail

Look down the page to my posting of May 14, 2013.  It has a list of
values and part numbers for VERY LOW ESR electrolytic replacement
caps that have a higher Temperate Tolerance than the originals, and a
couple of value changes for lower 'ripple' out of the  20V voltage
doubler chip circuit,(helps with the display flickering while warming
up) and better +5v working voltage for safety.

I also outline 2 tips for easy removing and replacing the caps,
including a simple trick to clean out the PC holes for inserting the
new caps.    I have done this on 3 565's without problems.

FWIW The battery can also be obtained from Mouser, and also a higher
capacity (longer lasting) pin-compatible version as well.

73,
Ben WB2RHM