[TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver getting no signals

Howard Smith jsmith207 at att.net
Sat Oct 24 22:31:37 EDT 2015

Hi Everybody,
I need to correct a couple of things about my previous post.  The AUDIO
menu effects the audio going to the Left and Right headphone channels,
as well as the Left and Right Aux Outputs.  The headphone outputs are
controlled by the Main AF and Sub AF controls.  The Left and Right Aux
Outputs have a fixed output level.

It may be interesting to listen using the headphones with Left and Right
channels both set to Sub RX.  I suggest this because the Sub RX dsp
drives the codec that provides the headphone and Aux Outputs.  If here
were a problem with the digital transfer of the Sub RX audio to the Main
RX dsp, the Sub Rx may appear to be dead.

One other thought, if you tune a known, strong signal, does the Sub Rx
S-meter indicate anything?  If it does, then maybe the issue is not the
antenna, but something with the Main and Sub dsps.

Good Luck!

73..
Howard, WA9AXQ