[TenTec] OT: need help with a translation

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 06:10:11 EDT 2015

On 10/29/2015 11:12 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> GM guys,
>

> I'm helping translate documents for the sponsors of World Radio Team
> Contesting (WRTC) 2018.
>
> I am stuck on a word and need help from you guys.
>

> Whenever we work and achieve an award such as WAS or WAC or DXCC, etc., what
> do we call that.
>
> We receive a certificate to hang on our wall.
>

> Do we call it  an "award", a "certificate", or a "diploma"?

That's actually a tough one. The paper itself is a certificate.

WAS is an award.

How does one get a DXCC?  Is it really a club?

If it is a club, and the board of directors, or general membership, or
an officer of the club has to accept you, then you would speak of DXCC
membership and having been elected.

If it is just something processed by a clerk, then it is an award.

Do DXCC members meet? Have on the air nets? Mailing lists? Parties?
Receive a newsletter? Write YELP reviews of DX stations?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.