[TenTec] "SSB* Radio Salvage and Recycling"

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 29 15:02:14 EDT 2015

(*"SSB" = "Solid State Boatanchor," my lighthearted but respectful term for
the old Omnis, Corsairs, etc. which take a lot of desk space with the
matching PS and external VFO.)

Given the frequent threads in recent times about repairing various older TT
rigs and trying to track down "unobtanium" parts, has anyone thought of
setting up a clearinghouse for parts rigs and accessories along the lines of
what automobile salvage yards do? Could something like this be viable and
would it be of interest to others on this list? At this point I might
consider taking on the logistics but I don't have room to store the requisite
carcasses. (I might be able to come up with a little room if I'd sell off my
small collection of 1980s IBM PC stuff, but that's a different story.)

73, Al