[TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program

Steve Berg wa9jml at frontier.com
Mon Aug 15 16:03:51 EDT 2016

I am wondering about the same sorts of things.  I bought a new Omni VII
during the Fire Sale.  I got it with the optional 300 Hz CW filter.
Once the novelty wore off, I started getting annoyed by having to push a
menu button, then scroll to a setting, and then select something like
the setting the keyer speed, and do some other actions, just to do what
a lowly knob does on my Corsair II and my MFJ keyer.  So, that radio has
found a new home.  The Argonaut VI has a complex system of making
adjustments, too, but it is much easier to use than the Omni VII, and
seems to have a better receiver.  I am using the Corsair II on HF again,
and am starting to see why those people who also own one, or have an
Omni VI, prefer them to the newer rigs.  This was brought home to me
rather abruptly with the recent threads on keeping Orion II rigs
functional.  With a rather obstructed trap vertical installed on a
hillside, I am not going to set the contesting world on fire no matter
what radio or radios I use.  So, I can still prefer high performance
radios that are getting on in years, like me, and are much less complex
to use.

Your Mileage will Most Certainly Vary...

Steve WA9JML