[TenTec] HELP with broken off screw threads

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Sat Dec 24 10:15:17 EST 2016

berry,

I’ve had that happen before to me, and I’d like to tell you I have a solution.

I tried everything you could think of, including heating the post. No joy. I even purchased a ‘speedout’ screw removal bits. No joy that time either and ended up mangling the post.

Personally, I’d leave it alone. It certainly isn’t load bearing, and there are no shear stress to the pcb, the only thing I could think of would be you’ve lost a ground point, although the pcb is ground through wiring and the other ground attachments

I feel you’ll do more damage trying to get the screw out than leaving it alone

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
 the heathkit shop
SunLight energy systems
J e e p