[TenTec] (no subject)

John Henry jshenry1963 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:21:18 EST 2016

Hi John,

I have seen that before.
Go ahead and go to device manager, then plug in the Eagle, do you see a new
item then appear in device manager in ports with a com port number?
If so, then go ahead and try the update.
I have been told by the original developer that this driver installer
sometimes flags warnings as well as errors, and alerts the customer as if
they were really failures. But it may still work.
I do believe that because there are times that I have seen that, and went
ahead and connected teh Eagle/Argonaut VI and it worked just fine. Just
make sure you see the com port pop up in device manager when you connect
the Eagle.

Try the actual firmware update and see what happens.
It may take a while, if it fails right away, go back into settings/setup
and "uncheck" stop on errors.

73, KI4JPL
John Henry

> My old ASUS is a 32-bit machine, but each time I run the 32-bit USB>UART
> application, the "USB CCS" portion fails to install.
>
> What's puzzling is that I upgraded my Eagle to the 1.829 firmware last
year, > using the same PC. I had no difficulty then.