[TenTec] Can't install 32-bit USB driver

John Malaska john.malaska at verizon.net
Tue Feb 16 17:58:14 EST 2016

John:

TY for your response.  I played with the installation several ways, but the
Device Manager still doesn't show a COM port connection with the 599AT.  The
32-bit PC keeps indicating that the USB-UART driver is missing.

However, I also found that I was getting similar installation error messages
when I tried to install the 64-bit version on my Windows 8 laptop.  But in
that case, the laptop's Device Manager did show a connection with the Eagle.
So the developer is correct that the error message might be incorrect.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet & slog through updating the Eagle in
Windows 8.  I'll have to study the special requirements for that.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

JohnM

~~~~

I have seen that before.
Go ahead and go to device manager, then plug in the Eagle, do you see a new
item then appear in device manager in ports with a com port number?
If so, then go ahead and try the update.
I have been told by the original developer that this driver installer
sometimes flags warnings as well as errors, and alerts the customer as if
they were really failures. But it may still work.
I do believe that because there are times that I have seen that, and went
ahead and connected teh Eagle/Argonaut VI and it worked just fine. Just
make sure you see the com port pop up in device manager when you connect
the Eagle.

Try the actual firmware update and see what happens.
It may take a while, if it fails right away, go back into settings/setup
and "uncheck" stop on errors.

73, KI4JPL
John Henry