[TenTec] Paragon II transmit/receive audio difference from LSB to USB

mark k8vf_mark at centurytel.net
Thu Feb 18 19:11:50 EST 2016

OK, I have thrown this one out before, but will try again. I need help.

I have done basic alignment to PII, and transmit and receive are ON Frequency on transmit and receive. Matches readout perfectly. Reference oscillator is spot on, BFO’s are spot on, readout spot on.

BUT……LSB is much higher in tone than USB.  Transmit and receive.

If it was just receive, PBT would take care of it, but LSB transmit seems to be way up on filter skirt,  lots of treble, for  instance. Even starting to get a little distortion on tx signal.

I tried putting in a 2.8 filter in 9mHz I.F. and while it did help, it is still too treble sounding.

Has anyone else run in to this?

The only adjustment on BFO/ Balanced modulator area is T-1, which I believe is set to peak output.

Anyone have an idea?

Again, I am on frequency in transmit, just treble in LSB and Bass in USB.

Signal is not centered in filter, correct?

Thanks for reading.

Mark
K8VF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10