[TenTec] MARS upgrade saga cont.

Brian KA9EGW ka9egw at ka9egw.com
Thu Feb 18 22:37:07 EST 2016

They send me a FlashQuery.ruf file which when run, generates a key I email
back to them and then they send me a MARS .ruf file specific to my radio.
Only issue is the key file created by FlashQuery.ruf is blank unless you
read it in a hex editor.
I give them credit though; I first contacted them on Monday, they got back
to me on Wednesday, I sent them the key Thursday morning and the reply was
timestamped 2036 local Thursday.  Hopefully I'll have the flash file Friday.
The hex-vs-txt anomaly--is that just one of the 9-gazillion-and-two reasons
Win-duhs...er, pulls significant vacuum?
73, Brian AAR5HS KA9EGW