[TenTec] RFI into Orion II-- a work around

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Feb 19 17:03:09 EST 2016

On Fri,2/19/2016 1:44 PM, Troy, W6HV wrote:
> I  tried the W2IHY unit. That seems to be the way to prevent undesired coupling of RF.

 From all the symptoms, I really think that your problem is nothing more
than wiring between the mic and the rig. It sounds to me that when you
feed the mic to the W2IHY unit, the mic shield is properly bonded to the
chassis of that unit, but when you feed it to the Orion directly, it is
not. If I'm right, all you need to do is RTFM for the Orion and for the
mic to identify which pin is which on the mic cable and on the rig.

73, Jim K9YC