[TenTec] Service

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Jan 5 14:15:59 EST 2016

> "I was  Tech for a company, I had a company car and parts,  when I called
on some customers and explain our chargers they would say your not a Doctor,
Surgeon, Lawyer."

I am a lawyer and more often than not, clients still believe my time is
free.  The #1 offenders are physicians (like my time is any different?), and
persons who work in, or had worked in governmental public service -- that
includes teachers, military, emergency responders, and FERS/CSRS at the
federal level.  My standard line to a difficult physician-client is this:
"I only want information about why I am sick.  I don't want you to perform
surgery on me, just tell me what's wrong. Why should I pay for that?"

Many of those who have made a career outside the private sector simply do
not understand how to value earned income.  Yet, when asked to calculate the
true value of their own jobs, nearly nobody can calculate the job's real
worth.

Paul, W9AC