[TenTec] Omni -V can't do frequency calibration

wt4t at reagan.com wt4t at reagan.com
Fri Jan 8 10:35:26 EST 2016

I downloaded the instruction pages from carls website. went to the crystal calibration section.
Here is what is going on.
I made paper labels for all the buttons per the website. frequency I want is 14,30 14,0.00,showing 14,299.77 when tuned in ,dead on.
there are 5 steps in the calibration procedure.
#1 tuned to 14,300.00 the ,M-tune is OFF.
#2 tuned readout to show desired frequency.... 14,300.00
#3 pressed the shift/tune buttons result... display shows 14,500.00 the display changes, as I tune.It is not suppose to move according to the instructions.  Its as though the relabled buttons still have their old functions
tried the above 10 times same result, no calibration. remains on frequency 14,299.77 to be tuned in 100%.
checked the net frequency 14,300.00 with my flex 5000a dead on.
can any one help on this? can the v-29 chip have a problem or is it me?
73
dale wt4t
 PS:
I started from scratch, as though the chip was new install, reset the radio ,cleared all memories and set the band registers to default value....I think.
shut the V down,restarted the V holding the cir/clk button ,powered the rig on read 14,000.00
DALE