[TenTec] Model 411 amp (aka Centaur)

km2km at twc.com km2km at twc.com
Tue Jan 26 18:27:55 EST 2016

I'm late chiming in.   My problem with the fuses has always been a shorted tube.  You are on the right track.   Test one fuse at a time, or start with one, add another, then the third.  BTW a matched set is better than an unmatched set HOWEVER,  I had three misc tubes gathered over the years and put them in and do pretty well with them.  I did that while waiting for a new matched set.  Now the matched set is on the shelf waiting their turn!!!

The guy at the local electronics store said to me one day when I bought a dozen fuses, "You do know that if you don't fix it then it will still blow fuses!"

good luck,

Kris

Kris KM2KM
MERSCHROD
123 Warren Road
Ithaca, NY 14850

---- Joe Papworth via TenTec <tentec at contesting.com> wrote:

It has stayed on with the tubes removed for a while.?
I'm examining/ohming the tubes now.