[TenTec] Omni VI instability, TCXO worth it?

Clayton Brantley clayton_n4ev at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 21:34:39 EDT 2016

Peter:  my Omni VI rev 3 had the old logic board and it did require powerapplied 24/7 to maintain stability.  The Omni VI+ did not require power allthe time because of the TCXO on the later logic board.  There is a write upon the TneTec wiki page.

If you could find a TCXO now, it would be a good upgrade but doubt thatTenTec still has them available.  I have heard that all kinds of parts went tothe landfill before the new owner arrived.  Might try to find a logic boardfrom a parted out 564 for your radio.
I still have my 564 and it will be on the desk until it (or I ) become a SK.  HI
73 Clayton N4EV