[TenTec] Year of manufacture of my Omni VI

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 14:44:35 EDT 2016

My Omni VI  serial number is 90A20032 and I am trying to determine what year it was manufactured. I am unable to locate the invoice from Ten Tec where I purchased it.
Is there a Ten Tec historian who has information regarding the date of manufacture based on the serial number. I  purchased as like new as a trade in to Ten Tec. I purchased it long before the "plus" update was available and sent it back to Ten Tec for the factory update. Does anyone have an Omni Vi with a close serial number who knows the approximate year of manufacture?

It has been a WONDERFUL transceiver and if a new one could be purchased today, I would purchase one.
Thanks for reading and possibly contributing to the information needed. 73, John, K5PGW