[TenTec] SDR radio and a Hercules II!

Katz Ajamas ajamas.rn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 21:11:09 EDT 2016

Rick-

$1000 you say. Having 100W is way down my list.  And the handle is way down
the list. There is a lot to like about the Elad FDM Duo. If we are talking
similar specs and function with 50W... VERY NICE. It's certainly stylish to
look at. All it needs is 50W, a cover to snap over the front to protect the
knobs, a little carrying handle to double as a bail, and some feet.

I understand the latency relationship.
What I was referring to is explained here.
http://www.atmel.com/images/doc8003.pdf
I did recall the improvement wrong by a factor of 2.
Maybe I'm missing something else? It looks to me
like looking at 400kHz of bandwidth with a 56MHz
should give a 4 bit improvement.

Offer accepted on a used TT 420 amp. If it works, we'll
be able to crank out 400W from the utility/battery powered
station.

The 80m Inv Vee has been working really well with the Eagle on 6m. The
little 1:1 balun does fine with 100W.
I think it's 31 material. It was made WAG style with 8 parallel turns of
#12 enameled magnet wire. The antenna is fed with 450 Ohm line
and matched with the most ancient of methods, a tuned line. It's the WWW
VHF weekend too.
Alas, I have been called in to work both Sat and Sun a total of 24 hours.
Hopefully the band will be open a bit in the AM hours before
work(noon-midnight).

73, -Bob ah7i/w4