[TenTec] OT: Question to the group -tuner and dipoles

Darrell Bellerive ve7iu at runbox.com
Mon Jul 18 18:15:17 EDT 2016

How do you know this? Did you make comparisons with dipoles at greater
heights? Low power enthusiasts (QRP'ers and QRPp'ers) make lots of
contacts with very little power, so just because you made contacts
doesn't mean your antenna was efficient and not affected by ground losses.

100 watts into an antenna system with 13 dB loss is 5 watts effective
radiated power (ERP).

100 watts into an antenna system with 20 dB loss is 1 watt ERP.

Either case will still make lots of contacts. Any antenna is better than
no antenna. Just don't think that a very low antenna height is helping
your transmit signal. You are succeeding in spite of it.

73, Darrell VE7IU

--
Darrell Bellerive
VE7IU