[TenTec] Orion logic issue

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 06:37:58 EDT 2016

A few ideas:

If re-flashing the firmware didn't help, I'd dis-assemble the front panel
and make sure the stake pins on the small encoder board are properly
seating and also that the small encoder board is getting dc.  Also, the
nylon nuts securing each encoder must not be over-tightened or that could
also interfere with the encoder/switch operation.

It might not be straightforward to check that the small encoder board is
getting dc.  You could solder a few wires to one of the small encoder's dc
and enc lines and bring the wires out where you can observe them after
partially re-assembling the front panel to check their functionality with
the rig powered up.  That would tell you a lot in terms of troubleshooting.

73,
Barry N1EU